Friday, February 1, 2013

Meet the Newest Family Member!

     It has been a few months now since the unfortunate passing of my beloved ferret Viggo, and during that time, I have really missed having a ferret.  They are truly one of the most endearing and amusing critters in the animal kingdom, never ceasing to bring a smile to your face or a laugh in an otherwise uneventful day.  They bring such joy to our lives and leave gaping holes in them when they are gone.  I knew I would have to have another one to share my life with again, and after pulling myself back together, I finally decided to bring home another bundle of joy.
 
Introducing the newest member of the family....... Sebastian!
 
 
     Sebastian is a ten-week-old chocolate ferret kit.  He is oozing with personality, charm, and an inspiring enthusiasm for life and fun.  It is apparent that he is quite unaware of how small he is, as he chases Nana about the house with the zest and vigor of an animal six times his size.  Kaiser adores his new friend, as does Sebastian.  He will nip Kai playfully before darting off into the living room with Kaiser at his heels, then the two will proceed to wrestle each other.  Kaiser seems to know that Sebastian is still quite delicate at his young age, and he is very gentle when playing with him.
 
 
     Sebastian is an exceptionally vocal ferret, something I am just getting used to as Viggo was almost completely mute.  He dooks constantly whether he is playing, running, or just walking about the house.  I am also not so accustomed to having a ferret with such an acute sense of hearing (Viggo had a hearing impairment, though he wasn't completely deaf).  Sebastian comes bounding to the sound of his squeaky toys or his name being called, and also loves listening to the guitar being played.
 
     Amongst Sebastian's favourite activities is riding on my shoulder.  He demonstrates incredible agility when he climbs up my clothing with apparent ease to get up to his comfortable spot on my shoulder, ready for a ride.  Occasionally he will fall asleep there, though most of the time he does not want to miss out on any of the action.
 
 
     Sebastian's level of intelligence is outstanding.  He has already mastered some simple tricks in only a few short training sessions and thrives on learning new things.  I will definitely have videos soon of him demonstrating his skills as he learns.
 
Stay tuned for more videos featuring Sebastian the ferret!

 

14 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I hope to hear more about Sebastian soon. I love him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sebastian is so cute! :) It must have been heartbreaking to lose Viggo, but I know that Sebastian will bring you lots of joy. You are an awesome trainer, and I love each and every one of your pets. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sebastian is so cute! He reminds me so much like Viggo, and I'm sure that he will bring your family lots of happiness and joy. I can't wait to see Sebastian in a video, with new tricks-you are very inspirational!
    Welcome, Sebastain-and keep training paw-sitive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you make a page for Sebastian? (on your website). Plz tell me when your next vid is coming out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :) Sebastian's page will be added to our website soon.
      I am currently in the process of putting together a new video. It should be out shortly once completed.

      Delete
  5. Hi!

    I love all your pets they are very, very sweet. *-*
    Congratulations to your new friend Sebastian! =)

    I have sure that he will bring you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! :) I just wanted to ask you if you could please make a video of Sebastian and his tricks learned so far? I would appreciate it if you replied to let me know. Thank you SO much! I know it takes lots of time to put together a video! I just watched your new one and it is so good! Nana is very smart and I love the music too. :)
    Thanks again! Love the videos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure I will be putting videos of Sebastian's tricks! It will likely be in one of my next videos. :)

      Delete
  7. That is the cutest post I have ever seen! Do you still have Paris? I had a hamster and taught him to climb these mini hamster monkey bars and I have a cat (although he still behaves like a kitten!!) and I teach him to do tricks (eg. stand on his back legs). I also love the quote by Kinky Friedman. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I still have Paris, and she is still as spunky and exuberant as ever. :)

      Delete
  8. Sebastian is so cute! I hope you make more videos on Sebastian!
    Good work Sebastian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I have eight animals: Nana (Border Collie), Kaiser (Bengal cat), Sebastian (ferret), and Paris, Raven, Suki, Shadow, and Famous (rats).

      Delete
  10. Sebastian sounds like so much fun-I am very sorry that you had to lose him when he was so young. From the pictures, it looks like Nana and all of your other family members caught onto his arrival very well. Your first video of Sebastian is very sweet, too...he looked so energetic! :) A few nights after I heard about his passing away I watched the video and I almost cried...which takes a lot to do so. :( Welcome to the family, Sebastian...and where you lived for many months, and where your spirit will watch over forever.

    ReplyDelete